About volunteering at The Rev. Bill Crews Foundation
Volunteering at The Rev. Bill Crews Foundation involves serving meals to the hungry, packing food parcels and helping with administration. Our volunteers are welcomed into a caring community of likeminded people.
Who volunteers with us?
How our volunteers make a difference
Our volunteers enable us to meet the immediate needs of an ever-growing number of Sydneysiders who require our assistance.
Volunteer with us
Please fill out the form by clicking the volunteer sign up button below. That way we can match you with your experience and interests for the best volunteering experience possible.
We have a range of volunteer positions available so try them out and see what fits you best:
Crews Cafe volunteer - At the Crews Cafe, our volunteers play a crucial role in assisting Cafe staff with the preparation and serving of food and drinks. As a not-for-profit organisation, all proceeds generated from the Cafe are reinvested back into the Foundation.
Food van volunteer - Our Food Vans are out on the road heading to 13 locations across Sydney providing fresh meals to the community. Volunteers accompany our drivers to their locations and help serve food to those who need it most.
Guest relations volunteer - Our Guest Relations team is the heart of our community's experience, ensuring a warm and supportive environment for our visitors. As a volunteer your role involves welcoming guests, assisting with enquiries, and ensuring that everyone feels valued and respected. Your compassion and empathy are your most valuable contributions.
Restaurant volunteer - Join our restaurant team in either Ashfield or Liverpool to help offer a memorable dining experience to our guests. Volunteers assist with setting tables, serving meals, and providing a hospitable atmosphere. This role is perfect for individuals who love to interact with people and offer service with a smile.
Social, Health & Wellbeing Clinic volunteer - Do you have experience in healthcare and love a challenge? Here at the Bill Crews SHW Clinic we medically assist a variety of patients. We offer GP services, Dental services and a wide range of allied health services. As a volunteer you would be mainly assisting the GP and nursing staff with the treatment of guests but are willing to be open to other areas.
Warehouse volunteer - Our Warehouse volunteers are essential in managing the supplies and donations that support our operations. In this role, you'll be involved in sorting, organising, and preparing goods for use in our cafe, restaurants, food vans or food hampers. It's a hands-on position that is pivotal in ensuring that our services run smoothly and efficiently.
- Be fully COVID vaccinated.
- Have a valid NSW Working with Children Check.
- Reasonable level of physical fitness, no pre-existing injuries or conditions that may be affected or exacerbated by the role (Volunteers will be required to complete a Health Declaration Form).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Patient, punctual and reliable with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to take instruction and direction from the Supervisor/Van Driver.
- Desire to help others and to contribute to a charitable organisation.
Find out more about volunteering with us by calling 61 2 8752 4673
The Rev. Bill Crews Foundation is always looking for enthusiastic volunteers. Our volunteers assist in a range of frontline and support areas in Ashfield and across Inner West Sydney.
Individuals interested in volunteering at The Rev. Bill Crews Foundation must:
- Be fully vaccinated against COVID. A Vaccination Certificate is required.
- Have a valid NSW Working with Children Check (WWCC) if over 18. WWCCs are free for volunteers. Applications can be completed online with Service NSW via this link.
- Be 14 years old or older. Those aged between 14 – 16 need to be accompanied by an adult (who must also register with us as a volunteer and hold a NSW Working with Children Check). From 17 years of age individuals may volunteer without supervision.
- Have access to online services to register and have an email account for correspondence.
- Read the Volunteer Code of Conduct.
- Complete the online application form by selecting from the current vacancies below.
- Attend an information session for new volunteers at The Rev. Bill Crews Foundation in Ashfield NSW. These sessions are usually conducted on the first Monday of every month.
Our Frequently Asked Questions document outlines full details on our volunteer program and the recruitment process.
For further information, please contact our Volunteering Department on +61 2 8752 4674 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schools & Community Volunteer Groups
Volunteer groups assist with the Lunch Service in our Loaves & Fishes Free Restaurant. If you are interested in organising a volunteering experience for your school or community group, please email email@example.com our team will happily assist you with your enquiry.
Volunteers must be aged 14 years and older with adult supervision and all volunteers must be fully vaccinated against COVID.
Corporate Volunteer Groups
Corporate volunteering groups participate in the Lunch Service at the Loaves & Fishes Free Restaurant. If you are interested in arranging a volunteering experience for your group, please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will happily assist with your enquiry.
All volunteers must be fully vaccinated against COVID.