Hundreds of kindhearted people just like you volunteer their time, energy, skills and compassion at The Rev. Bill Crews Foundation. Volunteering with us is both rewarding and enjoyable. It enables you to give back to the community in addition to sharing time with likeminded people.
How our volunteers make a difference
Our volunteers enable us to provide the best possible service to our guests. In fact, we couldn’t do all that we do without them.
Volunteers at The Rev. Bill Crews Foundation prepare and serve meals in our famous Loaves & Fishes Free Restaurant, they serve meals from our food vans and they pack food parcels for struggling Sydneysiders.
In addition, our volunteers assist with administration and in our Social Health and Wellbeing clinic.
Current volunteer positions
Click on the position title for information about the volunteer role and for the link to apply.
If you have skills or experience that you would like to share but cannot find the perfect volunteer opportunity for you below, please get in touch on (02) 8752 4673 or email [email protected]
A giving spirit
Volunteering helps make life better.
The Rev. Bill Crews Foundation is always looking for enthusiastic volunteers. Our volunteers assist in a range of frontline and support areas in Ashfield and across Inner West Sydney.
Individuals interested in volunteering at The Rev. Bill Crews Foundation must:
- Be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. A Vaccination Certificate is required.
- Have a valid NSW Working with Children Check (WWCC) if over 18. WWCCs are free for volunteers. Applications can be completed at the office of the Children’s Guardian or via this link.
- Be 14 years old or older. Those aged between 14 – 16 need to be accompanied by an adult (who must also register with us as a volunteer and hold a NSW Working with Children Check). From 17 years of age individuals may volunteer without supervision.
- Commit to the requirements of the role (usually 12 months).
- Have access to online services to register and have an email account for correspondence.
- Read the Volunteer Code of Conduct.
- Complete the online application form by selecting from the current vacancies below.
- Attend an information session for new volunteers at the Rev. Bill Crews Foundation in Ashfield NSW. The next session is in July.
Our Frequently Asked Questions document outlines full details on our volunteer program and the recruitment process.
For further information, please contact our Volunteering Department on (02) 8752 4674 or email [email protected].
Schools & Community Groups
Volunteer groups assist with the Lunch Service in our Loaves & Fishes Free Restaurant. If you are interested in organising a volunteering experience for your school or community group, please email [email protected] and our team will happily assist you with your enquiry.
Volunteers must be aged 14 years and older with adult supervision and all volunteers must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
Corporate volunteering groups participate in the Lunch Service at the Loaves & Fishes Free Restaurant. If you are interested in arranging a volunteering experience for your group, please get in touch by emailing [email protected] and our team will happily assist with your enquiry.
All volunteers must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.