About volunteering at the Rev. Bill Crews Foundation
Volunteering at The Rev. Bill Crews Foundation involves serving meals to the hungry, packing food parcels and helping with administration. Our volunteers are welcomed into a caring community of likeminded people.
Who volunteers with us?
How our volunteers make a difference
Our volunteers enable us to meet the immediate needs of an ever growing number of Sydneysiders.
Volunteers at The Rev. Bill Crews Foundation prepare and serve meals in our three Loaves & Fishes Free Restaurants, they serve meals from our food vans and they pack food parcels for struggling Sydneysiders.
In addition, our volunteers assist with administration and in our Social Health and Wellbeing clinic.
Food van volunteer
Administration assistant - Site management volunteer
Food services volunteer
Liverpool food service volunteer
Find out more about volunteering with us by calling 61 2 8752 4673
The Rev. Bill Crews Foundation is always looking for enthusiastic volunteers. Our volunteers assist in a range of frontline and support areas in Ashfield and across Inner West Sydney.
Individuals interested in volunteering at The Rev. Bill Crews Foundation must:
- Be fully vaccinated against COVID. A Vaccination Certificate is required.
- Have a valid NSW Working with Children Check (WWCC) if over 18. WWCCs are free for volunteers. Applications can be completed online with Service NSW via this link.
- Be 14 years old or older. Those aged between 14 – 16 need to be accompanied by an adult (who must also register with us as a volunteer and hold a NSW Working with Children Check). From 17 years of age individuals may volunteer without supervision.
- Have access to online services to register and have an email account for correspondence.
- Read the Volunteer Code of Conduct.
- Complete the online application form by selecting from the current vacancies below.
- Attend an information session for new volunteers at The Rev. Bill Crews Foundation in Ashfield NSW. These sessions are usually conducted on the first Monday of every month.
Our Frequently Asked Questions document outlines full details on our volunteer program and the recruitment process.
For further information, please contact our Volunteering Department on +61 2 8752 4674 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schools & Community Volunteer Groups
Volunteer groups assist with the Lunch Service in our Loaves & Fishes Free Restaurant. If you are interested in organising a volunteering experience for your school or community group, please email email@example.com our team will happily assist you with your enquiry.
Volunteers must be aged 14 years and older with adult supervision and all volunteers must be fully vaccinated against COVID.
Corporate Volunteer Groups
Corporate volunteering groups participate in the Lunch Service at the Loaves & Fishes Free Restaurant. If you are interested in arranging a volunteering experience for your group, please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will happily assist with your enquiry.
All volunteers must be fully vaccinated against COVID.