The volunteer lunch server will be responsible for assisting in the preparation, service, and cleanup of meals within the Loaves & Fishes Free Restaurant.
This position is conducted under the instruction of the Food Services Manager or on-duty Food Services staff in accordance with the Food Services procedure manual.
The volunteer Lunch server will report to the Food Services manager or the on-duty Food Service supervisor.
Duties and essential job funtions
- Ensure food is served in a timely and consistent manner as outlined in the Food Services Procedure Manual.
- Ensure food is prepared and served in accordance with hygiene requirements.
- Ensure service delivery is conducted in accordance with WHS requirements.
- Ensure cleanup is completed in the manner outlined in the Food services Procedure manual.
- Minimum age: 14.
- Volunteers serve up to: 3 hours Daily.
Volunteers provide a valuable contribution to The Rev. Bill Crews Foundation and help us ensure that all of our guests have a positive experience every time they use our services. To help us provide a positive experience for our guests, we ask that all of our volunteers follow the requirements listed below.
- Read your position description and ask your supervisors if you have any questions or concerns.
- Ensure that all guests are greeted and served in a friendly manner.
- Wear your name badge and apron to each shift (this will be provided by The Rev. Bill Crews Foundation).
- Wear long pants and closed shoes to each shift (this is a requirement as part of WHS).
- Wear the supplied gloves when handling food, and change them as required.
- Sign in at the beginning of your shift (this is a requirement as part of WHS).
- Store your belongings in the lockers provided.
- Park off site (on-site parking is for The Rev. Bill Crews Foundation Staff only)
- Refer any challenging behavior to a member of staff.
Accademic and other requirements
- Up to date Working With Children Check
- Basic knowledge of food handling
Experience and skills
- Good communication skills written, oral and listening
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to take instruction and direction from the Food Services Manager &/or the Chef in charge
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Focused and professional attitude
- Work well with others at all levels of the organisation
- Desire to provide valuable skills and experience to a charitable organization
|Job Category||Food servers, Hospitality & Food Service, Kitchen Hands|
|Close to public transport||Ashfield|