GUEST SERVICES ASSISTANT
Hours: Flexible days. Guest Services Assistant volunteers are required to make an ongoing weekly commitment to the role. Monday to Friday shifts: 7:45am – 11:30am
Reports to: Social Health and Wellbeing (SHW) Supervisor
Minimum age: Volunteers must be 18 or older to volunteer with the SHW Team
The Guest Services Assistant is responsible for providing coffee to the guests before the Loaves & Fishes Restaurant opens for breakfast and then between the breakfast and lunch service.
Guest Services Assistant volunteers report to the Bill Crews Foundation’s SHW Supervisor or appointed member of staff.
Duties & essential job functions:
A Guest Support Assistant is required to complete a range of set tasks during the course of a typical shift. These tasks will be completed under the supervision of the SHW Support Worker or appointed staff member, and will include:
- Set-up the hot drinks station each morning
- Provide hot drinks to guests of the Rev. Bill Crews Foundation between 7:45am and 11:30am
- Restock the provisions each day
- Clean up and lock up the coffee area at the end of each shift
Volunteers are also required to conduct tasks in accordance to the Rev. Bill Crews Foundation’s WHS and Social Health and Wellbeing policies.
Information about these policies and standard operating procedures can be found within the Social Health and Wellbeing Volunteer Manual.
Rev. Bill Crews Foundation T-shirt (supplied. No singlets), full length pants (no 3/4 length pants or tights) and enclosed shoes.
Work experience and skills
- Customer Service / hospitality experience
- Basic knowledge of WHS standards and practices
- Completed SHW departmental induction
Personal qualities and behavioural traits
- Be able to work alone
- Professional standard of presentation
- Kind, helpful attitude for welcoming guests
|Job Category||Hospitality & Food Service, Social Health & Wellbeing|
|Closest public transport||Ashfield|