Volunteer Groundskeepers are responsible for assisting in the cleaning and general maintenance of the Rev. Bill Crews Foundation’s grounds and premises at 180 & 162 Liverpool Road, Ashfield for an ongoing commitment of 8 hours per week.
Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older to volunteer as a Groundskeeper.
Volunteer Groundskeepers report to The Rev. Bill Crews Foundation’s Operations Manager.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Volunteer Groundskeepers will conduct tasks including but not limited to:
- Placing bins in all designated areas across the site and replacing bin bags as necessary
- Collecting litter and cleaning up spot spills
- Cleaning and maintaining all hard surface areas at the front of the property
- Cleaning garden beds of rubbish and spraying weed killer as necessary
- After meal service – cleaning and maintaining all outdoor hard surface areas, stacking chairs, returning trays to designated area
- Washing vehicles and cleaning guttering as required
- Performing tasks identified on irregular site maintenance checklist as required
- Other ad hoc site management tasks as requested by Supervisor
VOLUNTEER UNIFORM REQUIREMENTS
All Volunteer Groundskeepers are required to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when on site, including work safe boots, long pants, gloves, and a hi-vis vest or shirt.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
|Basic knowledge of WHS standards and practices.|
|Basic Manual Handling Skills|
|Ability to follow instructions and basic checklists.|
PERSONAL QUALITIES AND ATTRIBUTES
|Honest and reliable||Be in good health|
|Professional standard of presentation||Ability to work alone or in a group|
|Attention to detail||Able to comfortably lift 12 kg|
|Job Category||Trades & Services|
|Closest public transport||Ashfield|