An exciting opportunity exists for a General Practitioner working within the Social Health and Wellbeing (SHW) services division of the Exodus Foundation.
The role is based in the inner west suburb of Sydney (Ashfield). Part time position, two (2) days a week, 15.2 hours per week from 9 am to 3 pm.
Position reports to the SHW Practice Manager.
• Provide high quality, primary health care services to the homeless and disadvantaged community, in keeping with best practice standards.
• Provide appropriate care and services to patients of all age ranges and level of health care needs.
• Respond to medical/ health problems presented by patients including history taking, diagnosis, investigation, treatment, and referral as appropriate.
• Provide management of long-term conditions in line with national guidelines and pathways.
• Prescribe for patients as appropriate to need.
• Must have relevant and Australian recognised medical degree, e.g., MBBS or similar.
• Highly desirable Mental Health Skills Training (Level 1) Drug and Alcohol Training.
• Current medical registration, with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (APHRA), FRACGP and/or other recognition as provided for the Career Medical Officer Award.
• Personal Professional Indemnity insurance certificate of currency.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently within a complex clinical environment utilising excellent clinical skills, judgement, and expertise.
• Be always well presented, friendly, courteous, and obliging.
• Demonstrated patient-focused approach in service provision with genuine empathy and interest in their needs.
• Demonstrate a knowledge of and compliance with all relevant legislation and common law obligations.
• Personal passion for community health, welfare, and embracing a holistic approach to social health and wellbeing outcomes to disadvantaged and marginailised sectors of the community.
• Have qualities of strength, calmness, and resilience
How to Apply?
If you feel you are suitably qualified for this position and you can bring your experience to the role, please send a copy of your CV with a Cover Letter along with a minimum of three references to Carmen Haley at [email protected]
Only people with the right to work in this country may apply for this position.
Only suitable shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
No recruitment agencies please
|Job Category||General Practitioners, Healthcare & Medical|
|Closest public transport||Ashfield|