Join a dynamic food services team in providing fresh and healthy meals to those in need & help to make a real difference in your community.
Food Services volunteers are responsible for assisting in the preparation, service, and clean-up of breakfast and lunch within the Loaves & Fishes Free Restaurant or Mobile Food Vans.
- Ensure food is served in a timely and consistent manner
- Ensure food is prepared and served in accordance with hygiene requirements
- Ensure service delivery is conducted in accordance with WHS requirements
- Ensure clean-up is completed in the manner outlined in the Food services Procedure manual
Volunteers provide a valuable contribution to The Rev. Bill Crews Foundation and help us ensure that all our guests have a positive experience every time they use our services. To help us provide a positive experience for our guests, we ask that all our volunteers follow the requirements listed below.
- Ensure that all guests are greeted and served in a friendly manner.
- Wear your ID tag and uniform to each shift (this will be provided by The Rev. Bill Crews Foundation)
- Wear correct PPE (long pants and closed shoes) to each shift (this is a requirement as part of WHS).
- Wear the supplied gloves when handling food and change them as required.
- Sign in at the beginning of your shift on the iPads and using the QR code.
- Store your belongings in the lockers provided.
- Refer any challenging behaviour to a member of staff.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Basic knowledge of food handling
- Able to take instruction and direction from the Food Services Manager and/or the Chef on duty
- Focused and professional attitude
- Desire to provide valuable skills and experience to a charitable organisation
- Up to date Working with Children Check
- Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate or proof of exemption
|Job Category||Food servers, Hospitality & Food Service|
|Closest public transport||Ashfield|