Food Services Volunteer
The Food Services volunteer will be responsible for assisting in the preparation, service, and clean-up of meals within the Loaves & Fishes Free Restaurant or on the Food Vans.
This position is conducted under the instruction of the Food Services Manager or on-duty Food Services staff in accordance with the Food Services procedure manual.
The Food Services volunteer will report to the Food Services manager or the on-duty Food Service supervisor.
Duties and essential job functions:
• Ensure food is served in a timely and consistent manner as outlined in the Food Services Procedure Manual
• Ensure food is prepared and served in accordance with hygiene requirements
• Ensure service delivery is conducted in accordance with WHS requirements
• Ensure clean-up is completed in the manner outlined in the Food services Procedure manual
• Minimum age: 14
• Volunteers serve up to 4 hours daily, depending on the shift
Volunteers provide a valuable contribution to The Rev. Bill Crews Foundation and help us ensure that all our guests have a positive experience every time they use our services. To help us provide a positive experience for our guests, we ask that all our volunteers follow the requirements listed below.
Read your position description and ask your supervisors if you have any questions or concerns.
• Ensure that all guests are greeted and served in a friendly manner.
• Wear your name badge and apron to each shift (this will be provided by The Rev. Bill Crews Foundation).
• Wear long pants and closed shoes to each shift (this is a requirement as part of WHS).
• Wear the supplied gloves when handling food and change them as required.
• Sign in at the beginning of your shift (this is a requirement as part of WHS).
• Store your belongings in the lockers provided.
• Park off site (on-site parking is for The Rev. Bill Crews Foundation staff only)
• Refer any challenging behaviour to a member of staff.
Academic and other requirements
• Up to date Working with Children Check
• Basic knowledge of food handling
Experience and skills
• Good communication skills written, oral and listening
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Must be able to take instruction and direction from the Food Services Manager and/or the Chef in charge
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Focused and professional attitude
• Work well with others at all levels of the organisation
• Desire to provide valuable skills and experience to a charitable organisation
|Job Category||Food servers, Hospitality & Food Service|
|Closest public transport||Ashfield|
Comments are closed.