Our Healthcare team operates a full Medical Clinic providing safe, high quality and effective health care services that address the holistic (physical, social and psychological) needs of our patients.
We have a need for casual / part-time / pro-bono Registered Nurses to provide clinical support to our guests/patients from marginalised backgrounds.
You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team including GPs and other Nurses, ensuring that the best possible primary health care is provided to anyone who needs it.
- Provide clinical nursing advice and physical and general psychological comfort and support to marginalised patients with empathy and a non-judgemental approach
- Facilitate patient triage, administer vaccinations (adult & children, including for COVID-19), provide wound care, assist with minor procedures and perform phlebotomy
- Assist in providing services such as nursing assessments, mental health assessments and chronic disease management
- Managing recall and reminder system; clinical data management; accreditation compliance.
- Be familiar with and coordinate cold chain management
- Coordinate infection control processes
- Promote health and preventative care in the context of complex social circumstances
- Conduct community outreach visits as part of the primary care team when required
Ideally you will have:
- Minimum of at least 5 years post graduate RN experience (preferably community nursing)
- Current registration as a RN (List A) with AHPRA
- Current BLS certificate and Completed COVID-19 vaccine modules
- Be up to date with CPD requirements
- Experience working with people with mental illness and/or drug and alcohol issues and homelessness
- Experience working with people from refugee and culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and experience with using interpreters to facilitate communication
- Desire to improve the health and services to available to individuals who are living on the fringes of society
- Experience working with patients with complex needs
- Experience with medical practice software i.e. Helix or willingness to learn
If you are looking to give something back to the community and improve the world for those who are less fortunate please submit your details and resume.
Bill Crews Charitable Trust and the Exodus Foundation are separate but co-operating entities. Both collaborate to meet the services and programs delivered under the Rev. Bill Crews Foundation brand name.
All Bill Crews Foundation employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to comply with relevant booster vaccinations approved by the Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination status will be required prior to commencing this role.
Applicants must hold work rights for Australia, and successful candidates will be required to complete a Working With Children Check and Police Check as part of their employment.
|Job Category||Healthcare & Medical, Nursing - Community, Maternal & Child Health|
|Closest public transport||Ashfield|