The Rev. Bill Crews Foundation in partnership with TAFE NSW has developed the Transition 2 Work Program.
The Transition 2 Work program is a free program designed to help participants achieve a TAFE NSW Certificate II in Hospitality, and to gain practical work experience so that students feel ready to start work in the hospitality industry when they finish the course.
Throughout the program, participants will learn valuable skills, from food preparation to resume writing, making coffee to effective communication skills.
Enrolment for the 2021 semester one intake for Transition 2 Work is currently open. If you are interested, apply below.
- Duration:14-week program starting February 8, 2021
- Hours: Monday to Friday, 10.00am – 3.00pm
- Location: 162 Liverpool Road, Ashfield. Only 5 minutes from Ashfield station.
Achieve your goals
By taking part in our Transition 2 Work program, you will gain:
- A TAFE SIT20316 Certificate II in Hospitality
- The skills and practical experience needed to work in the hospitality industry
- Support from our team – including assistance with resume writing, interview skills and employment pathways
- On-the-job training in our free Loaves and Fishes restaurant and Crews Café, both under the supervision of a qualified chef
Learn new skills
By taking the first steps into your new career, you will learn about:
- Safe work methods
- Food hygiene/food handling
- Preparing and serving coffee and drinks
- Preparing and serving food
- POS systems (Point of Sale software and hardware)
- Menu planning
- Using kitchen equipment safely and effectively
To enrol in this program, participants need to be:
- Over 17 years old
- No longer at school
- Living or working in NSW (or an Aboriginal person living in a specific defined area outside the NSW border)
- An Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, Humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen
- In possession of at least one form of identification (Medicare, driver’s license, passport, birth certificate, concession card)
- Willing to participate in an initial numeracy and literacy skills assessment
- Able to register and obtain a Unique Student Identifier (USI)
|Job Category||Chefs/Cooks, Food servers, Hospitality & Food Service, Kitchen Hands|
|Course commencement||February 8 2021|
|Closest public transport||Ashfield|