Crews Café Volunteers are responsible for assisting other staff and volunteers in various aspects in the running of a Social Enterprise Café.
Shifts are available at times in between 7am – 1pm.
Full training and support will be given to the successful candidate, to include barista training and food handling.
Volunteers must be 17 years of age or older to volunteer as a Crews Café Volunteer.
All volunteers aged 18 years and over must hold a valid Working With Children Check.
All volunteers must hold a COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate.
Duties & Essential Job Functions
During a typical shift, the Crews Café Volunteer will complete a variety of tasks under the supervision of the Café All Rounder, including but not limited to:
- Setting up the café for the day.
- Greeting customers, taking orders and giving menu advice.
- Preparing and serving food and drinks.
- Operating POS registers and EFTPOS terminal.
- Cash handling.
- Cleaning and resetting tables.
- Washing dishes, cutlery and cooking utensils.
- Cleaning café equipment.
- Ensure food and drinks are served in a timely and consistent manner
- Ensure food is prepared and served in accordance with hygiene requirements.
- Ensure service delivery is conducted in accordance with WHS requirements.
- Up to date Working With Children Check (WWCC)
- COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Basic knowledge of food handling
- Good English communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to take instruction and direction from the Café Manager
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Focused and professional attitude
- Work well with others
- Desire to provide valuable skills and experience to a charitable organisation
|Job Category||Education & Training, Hospitality & Food Service|
|Closest public transport||Ashfield|